On the introduction of the internet, more people are getting attached to the search engines like Google to look for the products and services they need. Search engines have already been listed among the essential items in a person’s daily life. Thus, it has become a medium that encourage the buyers to shop their required products online.
Since the chances of people finding a website through search engines are much better than landing there directly. Therefore, the existence of the website listed in search engine results become vital for the businesses.
Search engine optimization (SEO) as well as Pay per Click (PPC) are the two most crucial marketing policies meant to drive the visitor to the website. –
SEO :: This is an association of several schemes and approaches used to attract the number of visitors on a website by improving its ranking in the organic results of a search. A higher ranking in the search engines’ results implies a higher number of visitors and higher conversion rates which turn into a higher revenue thereby. SEO is a combined techniques of keyword research, SEO auditing, on-site optimization, off-site optimization, competition analysis and evaluation of the results.
PPC :: It is one the most popular form of search engine advertising. Search engines like, Google allows the advertisers to display their ads as sponsored among the search results. The advertiser pays an appropriate amount to the search engine by the time their ads are clicked. The click redirects the visitor to the advertiser’s website. So it can be said that a business in a way purchases the visits to his site rather than earning the search visits organically.
The goal of both the methods is to convince the users to visit and increase the traffic to a website. Also both of the approaches have their pros and cons, and before deciding on the better technique for the business, a business holder should consider following points:
- The amount to be spent on marketing should be taken into account. If the working project is on a tight budget, then PPCs might not be a feasible option and can be added to the expenses. PPC allows benefits like:
- The primary objective of any website is to drive traffic and increase conversion rates (CRs). Hence, the variables of the website have to be tested to work out on weaker points and improve CRs. PPCs can be used to buy the required traffic and reach the result quickly.
- Search engines do alter the algorithm everytime. Sites optimized for one type of algorithm suffer when the algorithm changes and the new update is instantly required. But while paying for each click, you are immune to the changes in the algorithm.
- Cost per click(CPC) is different for different keywords and phrases. It uses ‘Traffic Estimator’ tool to find out the average cost for any keyword/phrase and ensure the average cost of the specific keyword is not too high.
- Analyze how strong the competition in your target market is? Make use of ‘Google External keyword research tool’ to estimate the competition level in your industry.
You may find that the authority websites mostly command your specific keywords. Displacing such sites to make a place for your website in the market is a quite complicated job. Instead, it makes more sense to use PPC services in this case.
It isn’t necessary that only one of the two strategies has to be used. Both of them can be used in combination to have a powerful impact